Join us at the International AIDS Conference (AIDS 2018) in Amsterdam from 22 – 28 July 2018.
We are co-hosting and participating in over 20 sessions throughout the week.
Don’t have a lot of time? Check out our downloadable flyer (PDF) for the ones you won’t want to miss — including our Community Activist Summit on Sunday, 22 July!
SATURDAY, 21 JULY
- Quantifying Civil Society Contributions towards 90-90-90 | Pre-Conference | 11:00 – 12:00 | Elicium Ballroom | Hosted by IAPAC, UNAIDS, GNP+, and IAS. Featuring ITPC Executive Director Solange Baptiste speaking.
SUNDAY, 22 JULY
- Community Activist Summit | Pre-Conference | 10:00 – 16:45 | G106-107 | Using innovative tech-powered panel discussions and interactive dialogue sessions, activists will strategize approaches and develop concrete next steps needed to effectively advocate for the right to health for ALL. Follow along and join the action on Facebook and Twitter using #ActivistSummit!
- U=U 2018: Celebrate, Activate, and Implement! | Pre-Conference | Featuring ITPC Executive Director Solange Baptiste as a panelist.
- Meeting the 90-90-90 Targets: Faster and Better | Pre-Conference | Hosted by the Joep Lange Institute and featuring ITPC Director of Global Programs and Advocacy Wame Mosime as a panelist.
- HIV Population-based Surveys: Updates and Insights | Pre-Conference | GV Session Room 2 | Hosted by ICAP and PHIA and featuring ITPC Community Monitoring Lead Alain Manouan.
MONDAY, 23 JULY
- It’s Time to Test and Treat Differently | Satellite Session | 8:00 – 10:00 | Hall 11B | Compare and contrast differentiated service delivery along the HIV care cascade from countries and communities. Hosted by IAS & WHO.
Differentiated service delivery 2018: Innovations, best practices, and lessons learned | Satellite Session | 17:00 – 19:00 | Hosted by ICAP and moderated by ITPC Director of Global Programs and Advocacy Wame Mosime.
TUESDAY, 24 JULY
- The role of civil society and donors in times of crisis: Venezuela | Satellite Session | 7:00 – 8:30 | E105-108 | Hosted by ICASO and co-chaired by ITPC Executive Director Solange Baptiste.
- U=U Crafting supportive public health policy from the scientific evidence to support community action | Workshop | 11:00 – 12:30 | E102 | Hosted by U=U and Prevention Access Campaign. Featuring ITPC Executive Director Solange Baptiste as a panelist.
- Safety of Dolutegravir in Pregnancy: Late Breaking Findings, Interpretations, and Implications | Symposia Session | 11:00 – 12:30 | Elicium 2 | Hosted by IAS and chaired by ITPC’s Wame Mosime
- Cutting Through the Noise of AIDS 2018 | Press Conference | 13:00 – 13:45 | G109 | Join us as we cut through the noise and unpack the issues behind some of the most divisive questions facing the fight against HIV today.
- A Free Trade Agreement and HIV Walk into a Bar… | Workshop | 14:30 – 17:00 | G102-103 | Learn the key features of FTAs and how advocacy by PLHIV networks have impacted such negotiations
- Survival Strategies in the dawn of a new fiscally constrained era of the HIV response | Workshop | 16:30 – 18:00 | Global Village Session Room 2 | Featuring ITPC’s Alain Manouan speaking
- Rapid access to new technology and reaching the unreached | 18:00-21:30 | F002-004 | ITPC Executive Director Solange Baptiste speaking on “Global health and impact on individual people’s life: What does delayed access really mean?”
Wednesday, 25 JULY
When promise meets reality: Debating the future of CD4 and viral load testing | Satellite Session | 7:00 – 8:30 | Hall 11A | Featuring ITPC Exeuctive Director Solange Baptiste speaking on community response and perspectives on CD4 and VL demand, use and scale-up.
- Community Monitoring & Proxy Indicators for HIV Resistance | Community Consultation | 11:00 – 12:30 | Treatment Networking Zone, Global Village | How can communities monitor HIV resistance? Share your thoughts during this discussion hosted in collaboration with WHO.
- Reigniting the fight for access to medicines: Outcomes and recommendations from the 2018 global summit on intellectual property and access to medicines (GSIPA2M2018) | Abstract Poster | Presented by Othoman Mellouk
Thursday, 26 JULY
- The Politics of PrEP | Satellite Session | 11:00 – 12:30 | Elicium 2 | Featuring ITPC IP and Access to Medicines Lead Othoman Mellouk speaking on striking the balance between ‘treat all’ and PrEP where we are ‘not treating all’.
- Meeting the Challenge: Community Financing for a Sustained Response | Oral Abstract Session | 13:00 – 14:00 | E102 | Hear the latest in domestic financing and sustainability. Chaired by ITPC’s Wame Mosime.
- Young People At the Centre – Community Mobilization for Youth-Friendly HIV Services | Workshop | 14:30 – 17:00 | Emerald Room | Come learn how we can overcome the barriers YPLHIV face in achieving good health outcomes!
- Bending the curve: Modernizing HIV prevention through balanced curation of interventions | Symposia Session | 16:30 – 18:00 | Auditorium | Chaired by ITPC Executive Director Solange Baptiste.
FRIDAY, 27 JULY
- AIDS 2018 Pre-Conference Report Back: Community Activist Summit | Rapporteur Session | 12:45 – 14:00 | The Forum | Did you miss the #ActivistSummit? Don’t worry, we’ll be doing a full recap of everything that happened!