The International Treatment Preparedness Coalition (“ITPC”, “we” or “us”) takes the protection of personal information and privacy very seriously. We are committed to complying with all relevant data protection legislation, and for these purposes ITPC is the data controller of personal information we hold and process about you via www.itpcglobal.org (the “Website”).
If you’d like to contact us about anything in this Policy, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How and when do we collect information about you?
We may collect and store information about you when you interact with us, whether through the website or by other means. For example when you:
- Sign up for a newsletter
- Apply for a job with us
- Participate in an event
- Enter into a contract with us
- Leave a comment on a post
- Give us feedback
We may also receive information about you when you interact with third parties with whom we work and who you have explicitly given them permission to share your information with us.
What information do we collect?
The information we collect from you directly may include:
- Email address
- Telephone number
Also, when you use the Website – for example, to subscribe to an e-newsletter or make a donation – ITPC automatically collects certain types of information about you including IP addresses, and uses Google Analytics to collect data on pages accessed. (See Cookies section below.)
How do we use your information?
When you are on the Website and are asked for personal information, you are sharing that information only with ITPC. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
ITPC uses the information we collect about you to help us understand more about how our site is used, to make the site more useful, and to be able to send you relevant communications such as our newsletters. We also use such information where necessary to comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
We may use your information:
- To send you communications that you have requested. These could include information about campaigns, appeals and other fundraising activities. If you have subscribed to ITPC’s newsletters, we will send you regular communications as specified when you sign up. You are able to unsubscribe from any of the newsletters at any time by altering your preferences by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each e-mail.
- To provide you with information about our work and activities.
- For internal record-keeping relating to any donations, feedback or complaints.
We respect your contact wishes, and will only ever contact you by the means you agree to. We will not share your details with any third party outside of our organization, except when absolutely necessary to fulfil your request. Where you have provided your consent to us processing your personal information, you can withdraw this at any time by contacting email@example.com
How do we store your information?
We will only store your information for as long as it is reasonably necessary to do so, for the purposes we have described or as required by law. This may vary depending on the type of information and the purpose for which it has been collected. You can request that we delete your personal information at any time.
What are your rights and what control do you have over your information?
You have the following rights when it comes to our handling of your data:
- Right of access– you have the right to request a copy of the personal data we have about you and to request supporting information explaining how the personal data is used.
- Right of rectification– you have the right to request that we rectify inaccurate personal data about you.
- Right of erasure– you have the right to request that we erase all personal data about you.
- Right to restrict processing– in some situations, you have the right to request that we do not use the personal data you have provided (e.g. if you believe it to be inaccurate).
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain processing of your personal data (unless we have overriding compelling grounds to continue processing) and the right to object to direct marketing.
As such, you can do the following at any time:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data
Please get in touch with us (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like to exercise any of these rights.
Cookies are information packets sent by web servers to web browsers, and stored by the web browsers.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of the Website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. These allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the Website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way the Website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognize you when you return to our Website. This enables us to personalize our content for you, and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
We value your trust in providing us with your personal information. Thus, we take steps to ensure that your information is treated securely and use commercially acceptable means of protecting it. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, ITPC cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
We take feedback and complaints seriously and will make every effort to resolve any complaint received as soon as possible. If you wish to make a complaint, please contact us at email@example.com
We keep this Policy under regular review and may make changes to it from time to time. This Policy was last updated in May 2018.