Formed in 2003 by a group of 125 HIV activists from 65 countries at a meeting in Cape Town, South Africa, ITPC’s work is guided by our understanding that access to optimal HIV treatment is a human right.
Our MISSION is to enable people in need to access optimal HIV treatment.
Our VISION is longer, healthier, and more fulfilling lives for people living with HIV, their families, and their communities.
- Communities are at the center of the response
- There is equity in treatment access
- We work together in solidarity as a global movement
- We are transparent about our finances and how we work
- We are accountable to those we serve
Over the last decade, ITPC has expanded its work beyond HIV by responding to the health priorities of coalition members and advocating for access to medicines and quality health care for TB, viral hepatitis, and other life-threatening conditions.