ITPC was formed in 2003 in Cape Town by a committed group of HIV treatment activists who refused to accept a world in which people with HIV were denied access to life-saving medicines.
Our MISSION is to enable people in need to access optimal HIV treatment.
Our VISION is longer, healthier, and more fulfilling lives for people living with HIV, their families, and their communities.
- Communities of people most affected by a particular disease are at the center of the response
- There should be equity in treatment access
- We work together in solidarity as a global movement
- We are transparent about our finances and how we work
- We are accountable to communities we serve
Over the last decade, ITPC has expanded its work beyond HIV by responding to the health priorities of coalition members and advocating for access to medicines and quality health care for TB, viral hepatitis, and other life-threatening conditions, including hypertension and diabetes.
Learn more about our work.